Thursday, September 25, 2014

Free Consultation

Writers and Game Designers,

Today (and only today) I am offering up free Script Consultations to anyone who needs them in the indie game development industry. I can only do so many but until you see me comment here that my inbox is closed, please assume that I am still taking them.

I will be paying extra attention to story content, character development, and gameplay implementation. I am not doing this in an effort to fix every typo in the indie industry so much as I am offering up an opportunity to have a peer examine and critique your work. Games have the ability to be the best form of telling a story out there. Let me help you get the most out of that aspect of your game. 

I had some free time today that I could have used to read some more of my Captain America comics or continue my latest playthrough of Mass Effect but instead, I want to give back to the community I've become a big part of. The following is a list of criteria you must meet before asking me to look at it:

1. YOU must be the writer/creator/owner of the document you send me. 

2. Do not expect me to Edit or Proofread the entire document completely. I will, of course, point out the mistakes that I see as I read through it but I am not going to take a couple of days to fix every minute error of syntax, grammar, or mechanics. 

3. Send it to me in .pdf form please! 

4. I am NOT referring to the programming side of script consultation, but the literary sense. Do not ask me to take a look at your coding. That is not my specialty.


I am ESPECIALLY looking at RPGs and Adventure games. I am also giving priority to those indie devs who do not have an established storyteller at their disposal. Let me help! I cannot promise that I will change the way you look at your game, but maybe I can help you get the final push toward feeling great about your character(s) and story. A fresh set of eyes never hurt!

Send your scripts to the_last_penfighter@hotmail.com.

If you would like to chat about it, add me to your Skype contacts: Hexias

I look forward to hearing from you!

~Penfighter

1 comment:

  1. Definitely been fun so far! Helped a couple of nice guys out. Anyone else?

    ReplyDelete