Monday, January 6, 2014

Obligatory Inaugural Post-ish

Happy 2014, and greetings!


When one creates the inaugural blog post of a brand new and remarkably promising writing space, he goes big, does he not? Or does he go minimalist and hope for the best? I've seen it done every which way the human mind can fathom and have decided to follow along with everyone else. Familiarity breeds popularity, as they say.

Which means that this paragraph (number two for my math aficionados out there) is going to be boring. Horrendously so, by all accounts, since this is the obligatory 'My Name Is' paragraph. Which is Matthew, as it happens. Weeden is my last name, but no, I am not the artist by the name of Matt Weeden of some fame and accomplishment. Though, I am willing to wager there is some sort of relation here or there. We can safely assume there isn't exactly a teeming number of Weedens traipsing about.

Aside from my name, the other tangibles include my age, profession, and biographical highlights. All of which are relatively unimportant to you, the reader of this blog, as the second item of that list has not been fully realized. You see, I am an aspiring writer who has achieved only middling success despite being knowledgeable, talented, and - as you can plainly see - having the proper ego. That's right. Ego. Don't let too many of us writing folk convince you that we carry a hefty bag of humble with us as we force our words upon you. If we didn't have ourselves convinced that you simply have to hear what we have to say then we wouldn't go through what we do in order to get those words to your eyes.

Ah yes. You were wondering if I had any children. Okay, maybe you weren't but I do, and she is currently 4 years old. Her name is Nora Jessica and is the real reason I sit at home dreaming up ways to entertain you. My loving spouse and I decided that we wanted to live a bit simpler with only one of us officially working so that the other could rear our child the way one should be. That spouse is Angie, and I am still pleased that she went to work so that I could spend time I'll never get back with the greatest little person in the world.

Cheesiness will undoubtedly continue unperturbed in future blog posts at this location, so be warned. I am a father and a husband first, writer second, and unabashed seeker of the next best story to round out my list of Things That Boil My Water. Or floats my boat, as most people say.

I'm not most people.

So there it is, a blog post that accomplishes nothing aside from destroying the wretched blank space that was once created by my willingness to create an account. And maybe chasing away any respective readers.

Regardless, welcome to War of the Words, my first official blog and the future home of Things You Must Read.

~Matthew A. Weeden

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you Matt, I'll be checking up on this as it's updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Markis! I appreciate the well wishes.

      Delete
  2. Your post made me chuckle, Matt. Good luck with your blog. Maybe you'll share some fiction excerpts with us? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to. Create a little buzz, right? Some enthusiasm?

      Delete
  3. I tried to Google the Matt Weeden you were talking about-there are a lot of Matt Weedens out there, lol. What does he write?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Matt Weeden I know of is an artist as in painter and graphical designer. Or some such thing. I don't really have any connections to that sort of thing. When I hold a paintbrush or a charcoal pencil and try to make something happen on a piece of paper, I imagine I look like one of those test subject apes. Only, an ape could probably do better...

      Delete